The farm has spent three generations breeding and rearing Charolais cattle.
- Originate from France.
- First imported in the 1960’s.
- White in colour.
- Have horns.
- One of the largest body size.
- Charolais bulls weighs up to one and a half tonnes.
- Bred for beef.
- Charolais cows don’t produce as much milk as other breeds.
- Fast growing.
- Quite a docile breed.
- Charolais calves are generally big, cumbersome and lazy.
- Charolais bulls crossed with black cows can produce either grey or ginger coloured calves.