January’s jobs on a cattle and arable farm can include;
- Harvesting sugar beet.
- Winter ploughing.
- Testing soil for nutrients.
- Selling surplus grain.
- Cleaning out cattle sheds.
- Muck spreading.
- Bedding up cattle once a day.
- Feeding cattle twice daily.
- Milling and mixing animal feed.
- Disbudding (dehorning) calves.
- Calving cows.
- Feeding poultry twice a day.
- Letting poultry out to free range in a morning.
- Locking up the poultry huts on a night.
- Cleaning out poultry huts.
- Hedge cutting and maintenance.
- Building and machinery maintenance.