Ever wondered what a female guinea fowl sounds like? Well now’s your chance to hear one! Watch the video to see and hear the female guinea fowl call.
- Female guinea fowl can make 2 types of call.
- The 1 syllable call can also be made by the males and sounds like, ”Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah……”
- This call is very loud and is usually made to frighten away predators.
- The 2 syllable call can only be made by the female and sounds like they are saying, “Come back, come back, come back.”
- This call is used to communicate with other guinea fowl and is sometimes made when one of the females has been separated from the group.