This year I have successfully grown purple sprouting broccoli following the Top Veg growing advice. We are currently harvesting the broccoli on a daily basis and trying new and exciting ways to serve this delicious vegetable.
Last night we served the lightly steamed purple sprouting broccoli with pine nuts drizzled in melted butter and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!
Broccoli with Pine Nuts Starter
A handful of Purple Sprouting Broccoli stems with small leaves left on – per person
- Wash the broccoli and then place in a pan with a small amount of water.
- Put the lid on the pan and steam the broccoli for 3-5 minutes.
- Whilst the broccoli is steaming, roast the pine nuts under the grill until lightly browned.
- When the broccoli is cooked, drain the water from the pan and serve the broccoli on warmed plates.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the broccoli.
- Drizzle over a small amount of balsamic vinegar.
- Add the pine nuts.
If you would like to have a go at growing purple sprouting broccoli then visit the Top Veg site for expert advice.