I think that guinea fowl are fantastic birds. They have beautiful plumage, a quirky nature and there is never a dull moment with them in the farmyard.
Why Keep Guinea Fowl?
- The birds can be used to protect the farm because of their loud cry.
- Guinea fowl help to reduce the insect population in vegetable gardens.
- They do not scratch the earth in your garden as much as chickens.
- Guinea fowl have been used in America to reduce the deer tick population associated with Lyme disease.
- Guinea hens are extremely good layers, laying daily from late February to October.
- Meat from young guinea fowl is tender and flavoursome.