Preparing The Incubator For Use
- Prepare the incubator 2-3 days before incubation.
- Before incubating the eggs make sure that the incubator is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Place the incubator in a room with a constant temperature and humidity.
- The incubator should be placed on a flat surface.
- Make sure that the incubator is placed away from drafts.
- The incubator should not be placed in direct sunlight.
- Keep the incubator in a different room from older birds.
- Fill the water trough as directed by the incubator’s instructions.
- Always check that the incubator is in working order before adding the eggs.
- If the incubator has an automatic egg turner then check that this is in good working order before incubating the eggs.
- Allow the incubator to warm up and adjust to the correct temperature and humidity before adding the eggs.
Check out the following books about incubating and hatching eggs.
[eshop_show_product id=’4368,4372′ class=’hilite’ panels=’yes’ form=’yes’]
If you would like to receive regular information about poultry then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.