Skip to content
- Germander speedwell is a perennial wildflower.
- The latin name is Veronica chamaedrys.
- This speedwell grows in meadows, woodland edges, hedgerows and scrubland.
- It is common throughout most of Europe, except the far North and grows in North and West Asia.
- Germander speedwell can grow to 40cm tall.
- This plant has oval shaped leaves with toothed edges.
- The flowers are a light blue colouring, forming clumps at the top of the stems.
- Each flower has four small petals with a central white eye.
- This plant flowers from May to August.