On Sunday morning we got up bright and early to start on the list of jobs before the rain set in. Rain stopped work at midday. We managed to complete another 7 jobs in the short amount of time we had available.
Deweed border infront of kitchen. Plant sunflower seedlings opposite kitchen.
- Plant marigolds in between the sunflowers.
Dig over new vegetable area and remove large stones. Deweed onion area.
- Plant more onions.
Deweed garlic. Plant out two varieties of lettuce. Plant out radish plants.
- Pot on radish seedlings.
Plant out beetroot plants.
- Pot on beetroot seedlings.
- Thin out carrots.
- Plant out purple sprouting broccoli plants.
- Plant out cauliflower plants.
- Pot on courgette seedlings.
- Plant out spinach seedlings.
- Plant out butternut squash plants.
- Pull up last year’s purple sprouting broccoli.
- Plant sweet pea plants.
Relocate self seeded tomatoes. Relocate self seeded lemon balm.
- Plant out night shade.
- Plant out delphiniums.
- Pot on delphiniums.
- Plant out pansies.
- Cut down over-grown weeds in second veg garden.
Move old chicken huts from the orchard. Relocate and clean larger brooder. Set up the large brooder in preparation for the 2 week old guinea fowl keets. Clean the small brooder ready for second guinea fowl hatch.
- Sow more lettuce, beetroot and radish.
- Clean out poultry hut.
Find and gather eggs.
- Deweed 2 flower beds.
A total now of 16 jobs completed out of the 35 listed, only another 19 to go.