I have had my Saddleback gilts for 2 weeks now and I have noticed that they exhibit a number of habitual traits.
- Pigs love to root about in the straw or the ground for food.
- Pigs enjoy rubbing their bodies against a hard surface.
- Pigs like to be scratched and rubbed particularly behind their ears, backs, sides and rump.
- Pigs will try to muck in the same place.
- Pigs like to sleep in the same place everyday.
As I get to know my pigs and spend more time observing them I may notice more piggy traits and behaviours. Let me know of any pig behaviour that you have observed.