Last year I started collecting seeds from my garden and have successfully grown sunflowers, marigolds and aquilegia from my own seeds. Over the last couple of weeks I have been busy collecting more seeds.
I have collected the seeds of the following plants;
- Aquilegia (latin name) – Columbine. Purple and Pink varieties.
- Dianthus (latin name) – Rockery pink. White variety.
- Nigella (latin name) – Love in a mist. Light blue variety.
- Primula japonica (latin name) – Candelabra Primrose. Yellow variety.
- Primula variabilis (latin name) – Polyanthus.Yellow and red varieties.
- Viola (latin name) – Pansy. Mixed colours.
- Helianthus (latin name) – Sunflower. Yellow and ruby eclipse.
Last year I started to make my own seed packets so that I could give the seeds I collected as gifts to friends and family. This year I am going to take part in a gardenbloggers seed exchange so I will be very busy making my homemade seed packets.
Green Thumb Sunday Logo
Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As The Garden Grows for more information.