Yesterday I found a rather large courgette in the garden so decided to make courgette soup for lunch.
- 900g / 2lb courgettes sliced thinly.
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced.
- Butter for frying onions.
- 1tsp dried oregano.
- 1 pint of vegetable stock.
- 150g soft cheese.
- Heat butter in pan and fry onions until they are soft but not browned.
- Add courgettes slices and oregano.
- Soften the courgettes over a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the soft cheese until it is melted.
- Blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Serve the soup in warmed bowls.
My husband said after the first mouthful that it was “delicious” and he liked it so much that he had 3 bowls before he announced he was full.
Click on this link for more courgette / zucchini recipes.