- Diced chicken.
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced.
- 1 courgette sliced.
- Orange, green, red & yellow peppers deseeded and sliced.
- Mushrooms sliced.
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced.
- Pine nuts.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Dash of soy sauce.
- Olive oil.
- Single cream.
- Heat olive oil and fry diced chicken until cooked.
- Add onion and mushrooms and fry until softened.
- Add the carrots and courgettes with a dash of soy sauce and fry until softened.
- Add the honey and lemon juice.
- Toast the pine nuts under the grill and add to the frying pan.
- Just before serving stir in enough single cream to create a sauce.
- Serve with egg fried rice.
I created this dish off the top of my head using ingredients I had in the house and I was very pleased with the results. The dish smelt, looked and tasted delicious. My husband thought the food was fabulous, and I would agree. Plus it was so easy to cook.