Incubating Turkey Eggs

Incubation Period


The incubation period for turkey eggs is 28 days.

Incubation Temperature

The temperature in the incubator for turkey eggs is 99-99.5 degrees fahrenheit.

Humidity Levels

The humidity level (wet bulb thermometer) for turkey eggs is 83-86 degrees fahrenheit.

Final Day Of Egg Rotation

The final day of egg rotation for turkey eggs is day 25.

Please note that all of this information is only a guide and that this information may differ according to the incubator manufacturer’s guide.

Always consult the manufacturer’s guide when using an incubator and automatic egg turner.

Click on the image below to visit to find out more about this book or visit one of the Farming Friends Bookshops.

Storey’s Guide to Raising Turkeys (Storey’s Guides to Raising)

3 thoughts on “Incubating Turkey Eggs”

  1. I have a regular incubator that i bought from tractor supply, i am interested in hatching some turkey eggs in it! I have the automatic turner that goes with my incubator, so i can keep the temperature at the correct heat, but how do I monitor the humidty how do i make that work?

  2. Hello, the eggs need to be incubated within 7 working days. After the first 5 days you will have a 90% good chance on hatching. This reduces about 10% per day thereafter. If you haven’t an incubator, your chances of hatching them ok and well are slim. They need to be kept at 90degrees F with a humidity of 50-70% they need to be turned twice a day for the first 25 days. This heat needs to be monitored. Your best bet is to buy an incubator. The Rcom auto humid from p and t poultry is a great starter kit.


  3. My turkeys(3) have been laying for a few weeks now, but have not begun incubating. I fear the eggs may go bad. the oldest egg is 21days old. what do i do as i don’t have an incubator?

Comments are closed.