I have never made toffee apples but as I have an abundance of apples from the orchard, I thought toffee apples would make a good treat for the trick or treaters that will call by on halloween night.
Toffee Apple Recipe
- 6 small eating apples.
- 100g/4oz butter.
- 225g/8oz granulated sugar
- 225g/8oz golden syrup.
- 6 wooden lolly sticks.
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup into a pan and stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolves.
- Boil steadily until the toffee cracks.
- Wash the apples and wipe dry.
- Insert the wooden lolly stick into the base of the apple.
- Dip the apples into the toffee and leave the toffee to harden by placing on a baking try lined with greaseproof paper.
I’ll let you know how the recipe goes both with me, the cook and the trick or treaters!