Scrambled Quail Eggs with Seasonal Greens On Fried Bread Ingredients
- 6 quail eggs.
- Dash of double cream or milk.
- Slice of bread.
- Knob of butter.
- Seasonal Greens-3/4 asparagus spears or 3/4 sprigs of purple sprouting broccoli blanched and chopped.
- Whisk the quail eggs with the cream or milk.
- Chop and blanch the greens.
- Deep fry a slice of bread until golden and then drain on kitchen paper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir until scrambled.
- Add the chopped seasonal greens and continue to cook until the egg is set.
- Serve on top of the fried bread.
This dish could also be served on top of garlic bread slices. Scrambled quail eggs with seasonal greens makes a great light lunch or a starter to a meal.