I have over hundred laying quail which are laying lots of quail eggs, so I have decided to pickle some quail eggs.
At the moment I am experimenting with different ingredients and different types of vinegars to try to perfect a recipe that could be put on the market.
Pickled Quail Eggs
- Quail eggs
- Herbs or spices of your choice
- Hard boil the quail eggs for 3 minutes.
- Allow the quail eggs to cool then peel.
- Sterilise the jar.
- Place the quail eggs in the jar.
- Add the sugar to the vinegar and warm until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the quail eggs.
- Add desired herbs or spices to the pickling jar.
- Seal jar and label.
- Keep the quail eggs for one month before opening.
If you have a tried and tested pickled quail egg recipe you would like to share then please leave a comment.