I have a pet guinea pig and although Guiness the guinea pig is in good health, he is nearly 5 years old so I am considering getting some guinea pig pet insurance.
Pet insurance plans can include:
- plans for basic sickness,
- plans for basic injury expenses,
- deluxe plans to cover nearly every type of illness,
- deluxe plans to cover nearly every type of accident,
- deluxe plans to cover nearly every type of injury,
- plans for routine care,
- plans for examination,
- plans for dental work,
- plans for financial liability,
- plans to cover death of pet.
Guinea pig insurance is available from some insurers and there are a number of insurance plans, policies and options that can be taken out.
Exoticdirect.co.uk offer small mammal vet fees cover. 1 small mammal such as a guinea pig can have up to £2000 of vet fees covered for a cost of £105.75. They do not cover escape or mysterious disappearance and will only cover only pets from 8 weeks to 5 years of age at policy inception date.
If you know of any other insurance companies that do guinea pig insurance then please leave a comment.