I have recently been sent this recipe to share with you, so for all you nut roast lovers and macadamia nut lovers, here’s a recipe for Macadamia Nut Roast! Let me know what you think if you try it.
Macadamia Nut Roast
- 800g mixed root vegetables (potatoes, parsnips, swede, sweet potato) peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil (alternative oils can be used in place)
- 200g carrots, peeled and grated
- 300g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bread crumbs or porridge oats, optional
Preparation / Cooking Instructions
- Cook the root vegetables in a large pan of boiling water until they are just tender.
- Meanwhile fry the onion, celery and garlic in the oil, until softened.
- Set the oven to 200°C or Gas 6.
- Drain the root vegetables, put them back in the pan and mash them roughly.
- Mix in the grated carrots, most of the macadamia nuts, parsley, lemon juice, and seasoning.
- The mixture should be able to form a moist ball in your hand, if it is too sloppy, add some porridge oats or breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into a large, lightly-oiled, ovenproof dish, or roasting tin lined with paper. Sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
- Cover with oiled foil and cook for 30 minutes then take off the foil and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the top is browned and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Leave it to stand for 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving with salad or green vegetables.
Click on the link for more information about facts and nutritional value of macadamia nuts.
A range of healthy eating recipes, in depth information and research about the health benefits of Macadamia nuts is available from the Macadamia Advice Centre.