Pig Animal Movement Records & Forms

Animal Movement In The UK – You are required to get a license to move any pigs from your premises. You will need a movement license form each time a pig leaves your premises or you bring a pig onto your premises.

You can obtain these forms from your local animal health officer at your county hall offices. When completing the form upon movement of a pig or piglets from your premises, one copy is given to the person moving the pigs/piglets, one copy is kept by yourself and another copy is sent to your local animal health officer at county hall.

You must keep a record of animal movement with the following information included:

  • Your name and address.
  • Date of movement.
  • The Herd Number / Identification Number or Temporary Mark on Pigs.
  • The number of pigs being moved.
  • The Holding Number and Address From Which Pigs Have Moved From.
  • The Holding Number and Address To Which Pigs Are Moved To.

A useful book for a new pig keeper and breeder is the book Starting With Pigs by Andy Case.

[eshop_show_product id=’4144′ class=’hilite’ panels=’yes’ form=’yes’]

If you keep pigs or are thinking of keeping pigs then join the free farmingfriends pig forum for the latest chat, advice and questions about pigs and pig related issues.

If you would like to receive regular information about pigs then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.

Enter your email address to receive regular emails of the posts on the farmingfriends website:

Delivered by FeedBurner