The Norfolk Black Turkey is a traditional Christmas breed.
- The Norfolk Black has jet black feathers and white flesh.
- The beak and feet of this bird are also black.
- This breed has a smaller breast.
- Norfolk Blacks are slow growing birds and take longer to mature than other breeds of turkey.
- A good choice as a free range turkey.
- A curious and mischevious bird.
- The Norfolk Black has a friendly nature.
- The meat has a strong, gamey flavour.
- Norfolk Black turkeys originate from Mexico and came to Europe in the 1500s.
A useful book for a turkey keeper is Turkeys At Home By Michael Roberts £9.00
[eshop_show_product id=’5668′ class=’hilite’ panels=’yes’ form=’yes’]
If you keep turkeys or are thinking of keeping turkeys then join the free farmingfriends turkey forum for the latest chat, advice and questions about turkeys and turkey related issues.
If you would like to receive regular information about poultry then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.