Here are some of the amazing random animal facts I have observed and learnt whilst living on the farm;
- Cats don’t like to get their feet wet.
- When cats are poorly they prefer tuna fish to milk.
- Saddleback pigs love having their bodies rubbed.
- Guinea pigs squeak if they want something.
- Cattle love eating crushed barley.
- Guinea fowl like to lay their eggs in the undergrowth and particularly in nettles.
- Cats greet each other by rubbing faces and noses.
- Guinea fowl are social creatures that like to go about as a group.
- Cattle have a pecking order.
- Owls regurgitate the food that they cannot digest in the form of an owl pellet.
- Guinea fowl and chickens love eating lettuce.
- Magpies eat other birds eggs.
- Chickens and guinea fowl like to lay down in dry mud and have a mud bath.
- Guinea fowl hate snow.
- Cats are scared of guinea fowl.
- Cattle hate birds.
- Poultry and cats recognise voices.
- Guinea fowl prefer to run than fly.
If you have any amazing random animal facts then please let me know.