Yesterday I made apple jelly for the first time. I have only made jam once and thatb was not successful!
I am pleased tol say that the apple jelly was very successful and Steve said it is, “Wonderful.” Praise indeed!
Apple Jelly Recipe
- 4lb cooking apples – diced but not peeled or cored.
- 2 pints of water.
- 1 lb of sugar per 1 pint of juice.
- Do not peel or core the apple, just dice them up.
- Put the apples into a pan with the water.
- Cover the pan and simmer gently until the apples have broken down to a smooth puree.
- Sieve the puree through a jelly bag.
- Measure the juice and add 1 lb of sugar per 1 pint of juice.
- Heat the juice and then add the sugar stirring so that the sugar can dissolve without forming lumps.
- Bring the juice to the boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Pour into sterilised jars.
This recipe made the equivalent of about 5 ordinary jars of jelly.