Arable Crops Definitions
- Arable Farming - The production of crops.
- Barley – A cereal crop grown mainly for malting and as an animal feed.
- Biodiesel – Fuel that has been produced using crops.
- Blight - A potato disease.
- Buteric Silage – Silage that is too wet and does not ferment properly.
- Canola – The American name for oilseed rape, an arable crop grown for the extraction of oil from the seeds.
- Chlorophyll - The green pigment in leaves.
- Chloroplasts – The leaf cells in plants.
- CO2 – The chemical formula for Carbon Dioxide.
- Dehusked – To remove the outer layer on grain.
- H2O – The chemical formula for Water.
- Hay – A mature grass that has been cut and allowed to dry in the field.
- O2 – The chemical formula for Oxygen.
- Oats – A cereal crop grown for animal feed and for cereal foods for human consumption.
- Oilseed Rape – An arable crop, also known as canola, grown for the extraction of oil from the seeds.
- Photosynthesis – The food making process of a plant which takes place in the leaf.
- Potato Cyst Nematode – A soil borne pest that affects the potato crop.
- Potatoes – An arable crop and root vegetable grown for human consumption.
- Silage – Grass that has been preserved by pickling rather than drying.
- Wheat – A cereal crop grown for animal feed and for the production of flour.
- Glossary Arable Crops Definitions Arable Farming – The production of crops....
- Arable Farming Arable farming is the production of crops. It is...
- Naming Arable Crops Contest What is an arable crop? An arable crop is a...
- Oilseed Rape / Canola Oilseed rape is known as canola in America. Oilseed...
- Hottest April For 140 Years – The Effects Of Temperature Rise On Farming The Guardian reported on Friday 27th April that, “This April...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.