I have a glut of guinea fowl eggs which are delicious soft boiled, and in fact my favourite soft boiled egg. My friends over @ TopVeg suggested that I try serving asparagus with soft boiled guinea fowl eggs so here is the recipe.
- Bunch of asparagus tips. (5/6 per person)
- Bread for toasting. (2 per person)
- Bacon rashers. (2 per person)
- Large tomatoes. (2 per person)
- Guinea fowl eggs. (4 per person)
- Virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for seasoning.
- Grill bacon until cooked and crispy or to your liking.
- Grill tomatoes.
- Boil apsaragus until cooked.
- Boil water for guinea fowl egg and then when boiling add guinea fowl eggs which take 3 to 3 and a half minutes to soft boil.
- Let guinea fowl eggs cool and then peel carefully.
- Toast bread.
- Butter the toast and squash tomatoes onto the toast.
- Layer on the grilled bacon rashers.
- Add the asparagus tips.
- Add the guinea fowl eggs to the top of the dish and then cut in half so that the yolk runs onto the dish.
- Sprinkle the dish with a little virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to season.
Do you have any good recipes for using guinea fowl eggs or asparagus, if so I’d love to hear them.