My husband and I love blueberry muffins, so I thought I would share the recipe with you.
- 8 oz/225g soft margarine
- 10 oz/275g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 duck eggs – beaten
- 11 oz/300g self raising flour
- 8 oz/225g blueberries – washed
- Cream the margarine and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour.
- Stir in the blueberries until they are mixed into the mixture without getting mashed up.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases. Fills 12 cases. Or use grease proof paper cut to fit the muffin tray with some excess paper around the edges.
- Place in the oven 180-200 degrees for about 30 minutes. Check after 15 minutes that not browning too much on top.
- The muffins are ready when golden brown on top and when you place a knife in the muffin the knife comes out clean.
- Remove from over and allow to cool a little still in the muffin trays and then place on a cooling rack.
Makes 12 large muffins. Muffins can be eaten as they come or served warm or cold with custard or yoghurt.