Made caramelised beetroot to accompany beef burgers, mash, carrots and sugar snap peas and it was delicious, so thought I would share the recipe.
1 large beetroot
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablesppoon of balsamic vinegar
- Peel and cut up the beetroot into about 8 pieces.
- Boil the water.
- Place beetroot in boiling water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove beetroot from water and chop up into thin strips.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- Add beetroot strips and fry.
- Then add sugar and balsamic vinegar and fry for 10 minutes.
I poured the carmelised beetroot over the burgers and mash and it was delicious. The balsamic vinegar created a sweet sauce.