I like to link the photo hunt theme to farming in some way so the paper theme was going to be a real challenge. Then I remembered I had photographed the farming puzzles and colouring sheets I have created on paper.
If you would like to download any of these farming activities I have created on paper then click on the links below.
If you would like to join Photo Hunters then click on the image below for more information.
Mystery Animal Puzzle
Look at the photographs carefully for clues to the identity of the animals.
Click on the pictures to enlarge the image for a better look!
At the bottom of the page you will find an alphabetical list of the mystery animals to help you identify the animals and a link to the answer page.
Good luck and have fun.
Mystery Animal 1
Mystery Animal 2
Mystery Animal 3
Mystery Animal 4
Mystery Animal 5
Mystery Animal 6
Mystery Animal 7
Mystery Animal 8
Mystery Animal 9
Mystery Animal 10
Mystery Animal 11
Mystery Animal 12
Mystery Animal 13
Mystery Animal 14
Mystery Animal 15
Mystery Animal 16
Mystery Animal 17
Mystery Animal 18
Mystery Animal 19
Mystery Animal 20
The following animals can be found in the pictures – butterfly, calf, cat, cow, deer, duck, goat, goose, guinea fowl, guinea pig, hen, horse, lamb, owl, partridge, peacock, pig, pony, rabbit and sheep.
What is an arable crop?
An arable crop is a plant (cereal, fruit or vegetable) that is cultivated for food or other uses, on ploughed land.
How many arable crops can you name? Can you name 30 or more?
Have a go at naming arable crops in the contact form below and the reader who names the most will win a prize. As contestants enter I will let you know the score to beat. You may enter more than once if you wish! Enter by filling in your name, email address and listing all the arable crops you can name. Good Luck. Score to beat is…….33.
I really enjoy working out logic puzzles so I thought I would have a go at creating one about Farming Friends.
Read the following clues and work out which visitor saw which animal in different parts of the farm which are not the animals usual home.
- Pat and her family all visit the Farming Friends farm to see the animals but the animals where not in their usual places. During the visit Pat spotted the cat which was not in the stye.
- Stuart wanted to collect some eggs but didn’t see any guinea fowl in the guinea run.
- George entered the farmhouse andwas pleased that she didn’t see the pig when it escaped.
- Luke spotted the hen but it was not in the poultry hut.
- Alan usually likes to watch the cow calving in the foldyard but was surprised to see a different animal and it was not the guinea fowl.
Having read the clues can you now work out which visitor saw which animal in which place? Please note that there are 5 visitors, 5 animals and 5 places.
Good luck and have fun.
Here are the answers to the farmingfriends farmyard sounds.
- Farmyard Sound 1 = female guinea fowl call.
- Farmyard Sound 2 = pigs grunting and squealing.
- Farmyard Sound 3 = pigs eating.
- Farmyard Sound 4 = sugarbeet loading into trailer.
- Farmyard Sound 5 = harvesting sugarbeet.
- Farmyard Sound 6 = tractor ploughing field.
- Farmyard Sound 7 = silage feeder.
- Farmyard Sound 8 = male and female guinea fowl call.
Go back to the farmyard sounds.
So how did you do? Let me know how many farmingfriends farmyard sounds you identified.