Cauliflower cheese is a great way to use up the cauliflower in a tasty and interesting way.
- One cauliflower
- One leek
- Equivalent of one pepper (assorted colours)
- 6 Mushrooms
- One onion
- Two rashers of bacon
- 6-8 quail egg hard boiled
- Cheese sauce
- Grated cheese
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces and boil in a pan until softened.
- Boil the quail eggs for 3 minutes.
- Peel and chop the leeks and onion and fry.
- Cut the peppers and slice the mushrooms and add to frying pan.
- Grill the bacon and then cut into pieces.
- Let the quail eggs cool and then peel and cut in half.
- Preheat the oven.
- Add all the ingredients to an oven proof dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the vegetable mix.
- Grate some cheese over the top.
- Warm in the oven until the cheese topping has melted.
This is excellent as a meal in itself or as an accompaniment to a main meal.