I am often asked if you can eat duck eggs. The answer is definately yes. Duck eggs can be used in the same way as hen eggs.
They are particularly good for:
If you enjoy a fry up or a boiled egg for breakfast then a duck egg is a good substitute for a hen egg as it is a large egg!
An excellent serving suggestion for soft boiled duck eggs is to serve them with asparagus.
Duck eggs are excellent for making light and spongy cakes, buns and miffins.
Don’t use duck eggs for making Yorkshire puddings as the Yorkshire puddings tend to be heavy and don’t rise very well.
This is what some of the farmingfriends forum members had to say about duck eggs.
How do you like to eat and use duck eggs, please let us know.
- Yorkshire Puddings Made With Guinea Fowl Eggs Yorkshire Puddings made with guinea fowl eggs taste great and...
- Recipes Using Eggs Having hens, ducks, guinea fowl and quail on the farm,...
- Are Duck Eggs Good To Eat? Duck eggs are great for creating many egg dishes especially as...
- Will Campbell Ducks Hatch Their Eggs? I recently received an email from Terry asking if his White...
- Reasons Why Ducks May Stop Laying Eggs Or May Not Lay Eggs There are many reasons why ducks may stop laying eggs...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.