I have been sent some information to help promote the healthy benefits of eating macadamia nuts, they make a great healthy snack idea!
Macadamias can make an enormous contribution to a balanced, healthy diet and lifestyle. They have a higher level of monounsaturated fats (“good fats”) than other nuts, meaning they can help to combat an abnormally raised cholesterol level and promote heart health.
- Ten Macadamia nuts a day can help reduce cholesterol.
- Eating Macadamia nuts can help reduce high blood pressure.
- Macadamia nuts are beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Macadamia nuts can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke.
- 10 whole macadamia nuts or 20 halves (50g) has no significant carb-content and so therefore has no effect on blood sugar levels.
- Macadamia nuts offer the highest levels of monounsaturated fats of any food including other nuts.
- They contain omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, a complex mix which helps to balance hormones, improve nerve function, memory and concentration, and improve skin texture.
- The nuts are also high in fibre, antioxidant polyphenols, vitamins and minerals and are a great source of protein.
This makes macadamia’s an ideal snack, especially if on a diet or in training as they give you that full feeling for longer and more likely to avoid temptation.
A range of healthy eating recipes, in depth information and research about the health benefits of Macadamia nuts is available from the Macadamia Advice Centre.