I have been tagged for eight random facts, by 2GreenThumbsUp, who said,” Because I enjoy reading these blogs and I haven’t seen any evidence of previous meme participation, I’m tagging…… Sara at Farming Friends – I’m just getting to know the animals on her farm.” Since 2GreenThumbsUp is just getting to know my animals I thought that I would write 8 random facts about the animals on the farm.
When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you, then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to eight other people.
Here are my 8 farm animal facts:
- The family farm has been breeding Charolais cattle for 48 years.
- The cattle breeds on the farm today include Charolais, Limousin, Blond D’Acquitaine and Saler breeds.
- Between 2004 and 2007 I have raised approximately 60 guinea fowl from eggs in the incubator.
- The farm has five resident cats that live outside and although they are supposed to be ferral cats are becoming more like pet cats as each day goes by!
- The farm used to breed pigs when my husband’s Grandad was alive and this year we have started to successfully breed British Saddleback pigs, we currently have 2 sows and fifteen piglets.
- Guinea fowl, partridge and quail are all game birds that I have raised on the farm in the last few years.
- Hatty the hen, is the resident White Leghorn hen who lays white eggs through the Spring, has befriended the guinea fowl flock, rules the roost and has yet to get broody in the 3 years she has lived on the farm.
- The cattle do not like the guinea fowl, although the guinea fowl are not afraid of the cattle but the farm cats are afraid of the guinea fowl.
If you would like to write eight facts about yourself then consider yourself tagged. I hope you have enjoyed my eight facts about the farm.