Eggs need to be rotated for successful hatching.
Eggs can be rotated by hand or rotated using an electric powered automatic egg turner.
The automatic egg turner sits inside the incubator and automatically rotates the eggs during incubation.
Egg turning should stop before hatching occurs.
Here is a guide to the final day of egg rotation for different species of birds eggs.
Bobwhite Quail = 21 days
Canada Goose = 32 days
Chicken = 19 days
Chukar Partridge = 21 days
Cotumix (Japanese) Quail = 15 days
Duck = 25 days
Egyptian Goose = 32 days
Emu = 40-47 days
Goose = 25 days
Grouse = 22 days
Guinea Fowl = 25 days
Indian Runner Duck = 25 days
Mallard = 23-24 days
Muscovy Duck = 31 days
Ostrich = 38-40 days
Partridge = 21 days
Peafowl = 25 days
Pheasant = 21 days
Pigeon = 15 days
Rheas = 30-33 days
Turkey = 25 days
Please note that this is only a guide and this information may differ according to the incubator manufacturer’s guide.
Always consult the manufacturer’s guide when using an incubator and automatic egg turner.
Click on the image below to go to Amazon.co.uk to find out more about this book.
- A Temperature Guide For Different Species Of Birds Eggs In The Incubator Different species of birds’ eggs require different incubation temperatures. Here...
- Incubation Periods For Different Species Of Birds’ Eggs Different species of birds’ eggs require different lengths of incubation time....
- Incubating Grouse Eggs Incubation Period The incubation period for grouse eggs is 25 days....
- Incubating Rhea Eggs Incubation Period The incubation period for rhea eggs is 35-40...
- Incubating Muscovy Duck Eggs Incubation Period The incubation period for Muscovy duck eggs is...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.