Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Hobbies

Land for Falconry

(9 posts)

1. Brad79

Hi my name is Brad Shilleto from the Medway Towns in Kent.
    I have been practicing Falconry as a hobby since i was a kid and i am currently looking for permission to fly my Goshawk on someones land in the Kent area, the more land i have to fly on the better.
    He takes a wide range of quarry from Pigeons to Rabbits and i fly him mainly through the winter months.
    If any one is interested in giving me permission to fly him on there land then please e mail me at Brad.shilleto@sky.com
    Thanks for your time.

ATB

Brad

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. campbell ridge
    Administrator

oh I wish you could come and take my rabbits, crows and magpies, but I'd be worried for my ducks. So no can do.
    Hope you find somewhere suitable.
    Regards.

Sarah L
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Brad79

Thanks, its a shame i cant teach him that ducks are a no go area.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Mama

Hello Brad, What a wonderful hobby. Trained birds of prey are magnificent as are all birds of prey unless you have fowl !!! Shame you are not a bit closer to me as you could come with your Goshawk and hunt all you like . Good luck with your quest. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Brad79

Thanks Mama, it is a great hobby to have and you get to witness some amaizing things, a friend of mine goes to scotland to fly his golden eagle which i am yet to see but he said some of the guys eagles soar thousands of feet crossing the mountains.
    Like you say its a shame i'm not closer, you could have put the glove on and had a go at flying him.

Brad

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Mama

What a wonderful thought , if only . We have eagles here that are trained and not trained they are a sight to see.We have seen them quite amazing you must go to see your friends bird . Envey you !! Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  7. quax

Its also amazing how quickly our ducks will spot a bird of prey extremely high up in the sky, I only notice when the ducks all turn their heads on one side, look up and sure enough a gorgeous bird is hovering way up high!

Rachel
    Posted 8 years ago #
  8. sallie

Hi Brad, Am in East Sussex so may be a bit far away. Near Uckfield. Where I keep my horse we have 130 acres of fields and am happy to ask Nic if she would allow you to fly the bird. We have pigeons and rabbits (and crows and buzzards) let me know if we are near enough.
    Sallie.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. Hi Brad,
    Welcome to the farmingfriends forum. I am in East Yorkshire so along way from Kent. Good luck with finding some land for your goshawk flying. Sounds like a very interesting hobby. Wondered if you'd like to do a guest appearance article about falconry for my main website. If you have a website I could link to it for you in the article!
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.