Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Introductions

(21 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by scottishlass
  • Latest reply from lisamaslen

1. scottishlass

Hello all from scotland, I am a farmers daughter married to a self employed shepherd/farm worker
    Have a few chooks , 3 terriers, 5 collies

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Mama

Hello , Welcome to the mad but really friendly crowd. I had a crossbred border collie many years ago and we still miss him.You will have lots in commen with a lot of the members on this forum , especially Sara who runs the site for us . You will be made very welcome here as we all have been. Regards Mama .

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Melli

welcome scotishlass,
    Mama is spot on this site is really friendly.
    Hope to hear more from you soon.
    Most of us can also be found(with photos)on Facebook,i'm Mel Hazell...A darkish photo with a lamp in the background.
    Hugs for now xxx

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. lisamaslen

Hi welcolm to the site, what wonderful photos,
    Do look up up on facebook all ourt photos are on there,
    this is such a great site , Sara who is admin runs it & dose such a good job,

Lisa
    x

lisa x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Hi Scottishlass,
    Welcome to the forum, I am a farmer's wife of 6 and a half years, have cattle, hens, quail, ducks, guinea fowl and cats on the farm. Have also reared pigs for a few years too and had a lovely guinea pig until this year!
    I was a primary teahcer and now work from home part-time in web marketing for lingerie and holiday cottage businesses! as well as writing the farmingfriends website and running the forum, which is easy with such great members as it really runs itself!
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Hi ScottishLass, yes we are freindly but are funny/mad too, I have 5 ducks, khaki campbells, i have learnt alot from this forum its great
    Mo x

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Cas

Hi there I am quite new myself and they are right when they say very friendly and welcoming group. I'm learning more than participating at the moment so glad I found the site. Are you up the North of scotland? I have a friend from college who is near Aberfeldy do you know it?

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. quax

Hi ScottishLass, ditto to everything everyone has said, you really get to learn alot from this forum. I live in Cornwall (a bit of a trek from Scotland!) with 5 Campbell ducks, 2 cats, a husband and a teenage son (heaven help me!).
    You'll always find answers to any questions you have here!!

Rachel
    Posted 8 years ago #
  9. Lynne

Hello Everyone :)

Have just found this introduction bit, i am new here too although i have jumped in and sent messages all over asking questions lol.

I am Lynne from Cleveland UK, live here wth my partner and gorgeous Dalamation Geordie who will be 4 in January,a tank of tropical fish and 7 cali's and 4 cp quail, 7 eggs incubating **SO excited** LOL

Have turned my side garden into a small place for growing veg n such so am having fun all round am long term disabled, partner is a self employed carpet and upholstery cleaner.

We go up to Scottish Highlands as much as poss in the Motor Home usally have Christmas and New year at Sango Bay Durness up in Sutherland :)

Its lovely to find a forum with my fave topics so glad i found it :)

Well don its brill Lynne )

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. hi lynne welcome to the forum we are a friendly lot and your right its brill, lots of help and tips when you need them, good luck with the hatch,
    most of us are on facebook too, how do you manage to get away so much with all your animals
    Mo

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  11. Lynne

Thanks Mo :)

Geordie comes with us, u can get holiday feed for fish and my friend and neighbour came to look after quail last time we went away and will do in future infact we have converted her and she wll be getting some very soon as well LOL :)

Oh im on FB too how do i find u there?

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. maureen mellor my photo is of bambi lol
    or you can find most of us on farming friends on fb

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  13. lisamaslen

welcome lynne,
    I think mo has said it all, this is a wonderfull site, and they is allways good advice and a chat when ever you want,
    I am in west sussex and have 6 runners 4 chickens 2 cats 1 nutty springer, 6 k campbells in the incubator due in 12 days, and 3 quail due next week,
    look us up on Fb all our photos are on there,
    when are your eggs due to hatch and what are they?,

lisa xx

lisa x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  14. Lynne

Hi Lisa :)

Forgive my ignorance what is *6 runners*? LOL also what are Kcambell LOL Im a newbie to all of this.

Its just a small incubator holds 7 eggs and they all cp quail, been in 3 days :), me thinks i can see a few more small or 1 large incubators arriving lol.

Posted 8 years ago #
  15. lol Lynne runner ducks and khaki campbell ducks, I have 5 khaki campbell ducks
    Mo x

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  16. Mama

Hello Lynne ,Poor girl , You must think we are all off our trolleys. I am not. It is all the others !!. Seriously now ,it is a lovely forum and we all get along famously . Masses of help and info .What are CP Quail please , you are doing it now. Regards, Mama .

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  17. Lynne

Oh dont u worry i have my moments too, im new to all of this but already feel at hoem so think im as bad :)

Jealous of ya runners mo, love ducks my nearest are at the lake but those are swimmers hehehe sorry

Chinese painted Mama hahaha

Posted 8 years ago #
  18. Lynne, Lisa owns the runners mine are khaki campbells and swim on their own pond lol x
    look me up on facebook maureen mellor with the picture of bambi then you can see my photos xx

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  19. Lynne

Ops soz got mixed up with names lol.

Thanks for the info i have looked for u but dont get anyone with a pic of bambi?

Maybe u could add me Lynne Allan my pic is of an Indian with an eagle!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  20. found you but theres no way of adding you perhaps its your privacy settings, dont know why you cant find me though try finding farming friends group we are on there then you might be able to spot me
    Mo

this link might take you to my page, not sure as i have never tried before
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1734500763

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  21. lisamaslen

Hi Lynne, I too will have khaki campbells in 10 days, as i have 6 eggs in the incubator,

lisa

xx

lisa x
    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.