Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Technical Information

Forum Playing Up At Times

(3 posts)

1. Hi All,
    Just wanted to say sorry that at times the forum is playing up. We have a new server but the hosting company seem to have given us a server with issues!! Andy who has organised the hosting for farmingfriends has been in touch with the hosting company but they seem to be abit elusive,they seem to be there when they want you to part with your money and buy something but when there is a problem they suddenly seem to go quiet! This is the same hosting company that deleted a server full of websites back in 2009 and the backup server as they thought the server wasn't being used!
    At the moment we are tied into using them so I can only apologise for their incompetence.
    I will let you know what Andy says about the issues when he gets in touch.
    In the meantime if you are posting on the forum before hitting the send post button I left click drag my cursor over all that I have written so it turns blue and then right click and copy the information. That way if I press send post and the server is playing up I can copy the post into word or notepad and save it for later.
    Hope this helps any of you who have been writing lots and then pressed send and lost it all. I have done this many times and so have learnt from infuriating experience.
    Hope you are all having a good weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Yes a good idea, i have been doing that of late but forgot this time. grrr - Perhaps a different server is called for.

Sarah L
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Yes I haven't heard from andy yet but hope that we will get a new server.
    It is annoying when a post disappears!
    Best Wishes
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.