thumbs up!
    Di

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Mama

Great Site Mo, thanks . Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. pinkpoultry

My Dad (who is a chef) bought me a book for my birthday as he knows I have alot of eggs, I think it is great
    "eggs by michel roux"
    Its great, ive made sauces etc. He is very thorough. I enjoy browsing it! x

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Thought some of you might like this information I just found on a BBC food page

To freeze whole eggs, break them into a bowl and beat a little to blend. Tip into a freezer bag or airtight plastic container and use within three months - freeze them in small batches, as these will be most useful, and be sure to label the number of eggs that go into each freezer bag. Whites and yolks can also be frozen separately. Egg whites just need tipping into freezer bags, whereas egg yolks need a pinch of salt or sugar beaten in (depending on whether they'll be used for sweet or savoury dishes later). This will stop them from thickening too much upon freezing. Defrost frozen eggs in the fridge overnight and use them straightaway.

mo x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Hi Mo,
    I have frozen eggs as you have described and it works a treat!
    Thanks for the instructions.
    Best wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. queenie

Hi, Great tips ladies .I had no idea that you could freeze eggs like that ,we all get a glut at at some point.
    Liz

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Hi again, not about eggs this time but I have just read on a BBC food site, that you can freeze over ripe bananas to use in baking at a later date, lol you learn something new every day, well i do, some of you probably already knew this

mo x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Mama

Not me Mo. thanks for that . We do not have many but will never waste one again. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #
  11. pinkpoultry

Freeze Bananas! I never knew that, I knew you could freeze egg whites but not whole ones or yolks, I save up my whites to make merangues or something which I keep in the freezer-but if your going to do this, remember to write on the container how many egg yolks are in it.....unlike me, oops!! xx

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. found this today
    http://www.nigella.com/kitchen-queries/view/1895/0

mo x
    Posted 6 years ago #
  13. Thanks Mo
    duck eggs get better! I knew cakes made with duck eggs rise more - but I didn't know duck-egg-cakes last a day or two longer! great!

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.