Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Introductions

hello all

(7 posts)

Tags:

1. calf_matt

i am matt and my partner sue will be on here also
    i am a calf rearer on a farm and we have just got our first six chickens "columbion black tails"
    hope two find lots off good advise and banter on hear so hello everyone
    matt and sue

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Hi Matt and Sue,
    Welcome to the farmingfriends forum. What breed of calves do you rear. I have charolais cattle!
    I will have to look up the columbian black tails not sure what they look like. I have a few hens, quail, ducks, guinea fowl and cats!
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. calf_matt

hello sara
    i rear holstine and some angis calfs

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Lorna

Hi Matt and Sue

Is the holstine the black and white cattle?
    I take it the Angus are the Aberdeen angus?
    My late Father kept beef stock mainly and we had charolais as well as some other breeds. My favourite time was when the calves were born.

I have some ducks and cats as well. I hope your new hens will settle in well.

Regards
    Lorna

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Mama

Hello Matt &Sue, What are Colombian black tails ? could google them but it is much nicer nicer when friends send their pics . Hope you can send some pics for us all to see.You will certainly get banter !!!!as we are ALL chatty . Regards Mama .

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Hi All,
    I have read that the Columbian Blacktail hen is a cross between Rhode Island Red, Sussex and other “hardy breeds”
    They look like the rhode island red with a black tipped tail!
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Mama

Thanks Sara, just looked at them and they are very pretty birds. I see Waitrose sell eggs from these birds which is impressive . I have had both Light Sussex and Rhodes in the past and they were wonderful birds . With a cross like that they should be great laying hens . Regards Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.