Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Introductions

Hello from Armidale, NSW, Australia

(8 posts)

1. Salad

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Sally - I am a mother, I work and study and have a new found love of ducks - specifically Cayugas.

I look forward to chatting with many of you in the future.
    Cheers
    Sally

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. hi, again Sally, glad to know you, as you have already found out this is a great site, Sara who runs it does a great job, lots of us on here are now conected on facebook and so I have sent you a friend request, most of us are in England but we now through this site have friends all over the world including France, Canada and already Australia, and another Australian member is great, its good to be able to enjoy your spring when we are entering autumn and then winter x

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Hi Sally,
    Welcome to the farmingfriends forum. I have 17 ducks - 10 khaki campbells (2 drakes and 8 ducks), 2 drake runners, 2 buff ducks, 1 white campbell duck, 1 mallard drake & 1 cayuga drake who is just beautiful. Well they are all beautiful!
    I look forward to chatting with you and hearing all about your ducks and life in Australia.
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. lisamaslen

Hi Sally, welcome to the site, as Mo40mo has said sara dose a wonderfull job this site is great, i have 6 runner ducks 4 chickens 6 khaki campbell ducklings 2 weeks on tuesday ,and 12 quail eggs in the incubator,I got my khakis and quail eggs from sara (admin),
    you will find lots of good freinds and lots of good advise,
    looking forward to hearing about your ducks

Lisa
    xx

lisa x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Salad

Thanks Lisa - I feel very welcomed by the members of the forum - it is wonderful I just wish I had found it earlier!! Onards and upwards... :D

Cheers
    Sal

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Lorna

Hi Sally

Nice to 'meet' you here. It is good to 'know' so many other people around the world who love ducks.

Kind Regards
    Lorna.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Pastordot

Welcome Sally,

I'm from the USA (Central part of New Jersey on the east coast)having just recently moved to an older Victorian home across from a lake. I'm a Pastor of two churches. One in a small rural town that I live in, and the other about 10 minutes away in the middle of horse farms and beautiful countryside.

I don't have a farm or ducks of my own, but enjoy visits from the wild ducks that visit my yard from the lake. I stumbled across this site when I was looking for information about duck behavior and discovered the wonderful group of people here and the wealth of information shared.

One of those ducks seemed a bit more friendly than the others and nested under my neighbors porch and brings her ducklings to my yard to visit every day and she and they will eat from my hand.

I would love so much to have pet ducks like you all do, but for now I am enjoying them through your pictures and stories, and just enjoying my visitors when they stop in.

Blessings,
    Dottie

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. quax

Hi Sally, I'm always a bit late in welcoming people, but welcome anyway! I live in Cornwall, England, have 5 Campbell ducks and would love to have some Cayugas if ever I had more room!

Rachel
    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.