Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Animal Ailments & Illnesses Advice Centre

Jonathans eye

(4 posts)

Tags:

1. Lorna

Hello
    Can anyone tell me what sort of eye drops they have used if/when you had problems with the ducks eyes.
    Jonathan the drake has had a problem in one of his eyes for a wee while. The eye seems to be showing the 3rd eyelid sometimes and as if foam was coming out of it, I have tried bathing it with optrex and it helps a bit. He is fine otherwise. I strongly suspect it is his age as he is over 11yrs old. One sure thing is he can still tread/mate, that never stops, well it has lessened now at this time of year!!

Thanks
    Lorna.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. pinkpoultry

:o( I dont know im afraid, I hope someone can help to make Jonathan be more comfortable-typical male....always ok for bonking....tut tut. xx

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Hi Lorna,
    When Buffy had the poorly eye, I bathed her eye just with warm water. I was given baytril to give via her beak to help with any infection when her eye was very swollen. It turned out to be a cyst and the vet drained the fluid and now she is fine, they didn't remove the cyst but she doesn't have too much of a lump.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Lorna

Hi Sara
    Thanks for that. Probably hot water would best, it is hard to keep up with all the costs esp with Vets.

Hi Laura
    Very funny, could to stop laughing at the thought of it.

Regards
    Lorna

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.