Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Farming

Looking For Tractor Driving Lessons In Somerset

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by admin
  • Latest reply from pinkpoultry

1. Hi All,

Nick has contacted me as he wants to have some tractor driving lessons when he is 16.

"hi i am 15 but 16 in november and i am wondering if you could help me find out where i could get tractor lessons i live in somerset. thanks Nick"

I found this link when I googled this http://www.emagister.co.uk/tractor_courses_somerset-kwprov-1000000460-612.htm
    Let me know if you know of any tractor driving courses in Somerset area.
    Thanks
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. pinkpoultry

I dont. But my partners Dad is a farmer and he taught me how to drive a tractor. (the old one not his precious John Deere!) So maybe a local farmer could teach him in the return he helps with the feeding a couple of days a week or so? Farmers do appreciate the help and the majority of them do enjoy passing on their knowledge to the next generation. x

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Thanks Laura, sounds like a good idea. Not sure about insurance implications etc but that would be for them to think about, but as you say passing on knowledge to the next generation is good and finding young people interested in going into farming isn't always easy so needs to be encouraged.
    Thanks I will pass on your suggestion.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Salad

We run a program here for teenages called AgLads where young people mostly young men who are at risk of disengaging from school come and learn about a variety of rural skills - is pretty cool - not helpful but interesting!

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. pinkpoultry

If the farmer is on his own land and is in the tractor then on private land no insurance is nescessary-my fella learned to drive a tractor at the age of 7!!!! (scary!!) as on private land, you can pretty much do whatever, obviously as soon as you go out onto a lane or road. That is illegal. xx

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.