Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » General Discussion

selling eggs and produce

(4 posts)

1. I added this question the other day on my animal lawn mower post but no one saw it so here goes again
    Ok another question, No one will ever say I have rushed into this one
    If I get my place and want to sell produce, ie. eggs maybe abit of fruit veg or plants, not a full blown farm shop just a little on a table at the gate, do I have to get permision from the council or register as a buisness or anything like that,
    Mo

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  2. pinkpoultry

Ooo Im not too sure, but I sell eggs? I have put them outside but no one comes past our house so I didnt sell any :o( but I sell to friends, family and work colleagues, no one has ever said I cant do this. Also at my place of work, which is a big business, they have said if anyone has and eggs/honey/jams/cakes etc they would like to sell then let them know n they will advertise it. No mention of needing to advise the council.
    I would just go ahead and put them out and if anyone says anything, say you have tried to look into how to go about it but couldnt find anything!? x

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Mama

4. Hi Mo,
    You would need to check this with your council but I think that you can sell a percentage of what you produce at the farm gate. eg eggs and veg. Eggs need to have where they were produced on them and best before date. I put three weeks on my eggs.
    If you are baking cakes and making chutneys etc then I think you have to get your premises checked.
    Always best to check with your area.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.