Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Gardening

Edible Flowers

(16 posts)

1. Farmeress

Hi,

For a college project we have to research a new business idea. If you could spare the time I would be very grateful if you could answer the questions in my survey linked below to help with our research. Many thanks,
    Farmeress

Click here to take survey

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Mama

Done ,Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. pinkpoultry

all done, i wouldnt just eat flowers out the garden though, probably eat the wrong one and throw up, I used to buy salad bags from my local deli that had flowers in! Very interesting!

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Hi All,
    I've taken the survey as well. I have a recipe for fried courgette flowers so fancy doing this when I grow courgettes this Summer.
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. pinkpoultry

Ooo yes, we have used the courgette flowers-stuffed them with a cream cheese mix and then some tempura batter, yummy!!! xx

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. quackers1984

once there was a newspaper article about dafodil flowers being edible, so i went to school with daffodil sandwiches....the teachers took them off me ha ha xx

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. lol quackers was it on April 1st x

mo x
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. Mama

Nasturtsium flowers leaves and the green seeds are nice in salad and violets give a lovely taste to cakes . Never tasted daffodil .!Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  9. quackers1984

its like lettuce!! i think i was about 9.

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. Mama

http://homecooking.about.com/library/weekly/blflowers.htm

Well you learn something everyday. I didn't know all these were edible and your daffs sound good Quakers shall try them. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  11. Hi everyone
    Be careful!! I am sure daffodils are poisonous.....

We use borage and chive flowers quite a lot in salads & drinks

Posted 6 years ago #
  12. Mama

Thanks Topveg. I see on the edible list they are mentioned and did not look at the poisonous ones before posting. Was all set to try them tomorrow !! Regards Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  13. Hi Mama

It is rather tricky to find these things out, isn't it! They may be OK but I have just had a look on google & several say they are poisonous - but they may be wrong.....better to be safe than sorry. However, Nasturtium are listed as edible flowers - the buds are pickled like capers!

Regards TopVeg

Posted 6 years ago #
  14. ive done the survey too. i would be grateful if you could do mine on subsidies.

thank you
    http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/harper-adams/subsidy

Posted 6 years ago #
  15. pinkpoultry

Quackers, Ive just been rolling around laughing...hahahaha. a daffodil sandwiches...thats great. xx

Posted 6 years ago #
  16. Mama

Sorry Topveg I missed out the word NOT on the edible list of flowers . Hope people try dandelion leaves as salad , they are really good ,young leaves picked in spring . Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.