Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » General Discussion

Advice About Farmers For UK TV Show

(2 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by cineflixsalvagers
  • Latest reply from smallholder

1. cineflixsalvagers

Dear All,

I am writing from a London-based TV production company and I am trying to get advice on people for a TV show about architectural salvage. The show is primarily looking for interesting characters who live in the countryside and might have a barn full of old/unwanted farming equipment or other curiosities.

We're looking at the show being a great advert for re-use and sustainability and also to feature as many interesting people as possible, so collectors of vintage farming vehicles are also a great avenue for us as we want to highlight the character and history of farming within the show.

Do you know anyone who might fit the above description or can you point me in the right direction? I'd be very grateful for any help you can give me.

Kind regards,

Mus

salvage@cineflix.com

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Just a wee word of caution here! Although this does appear to be a genuine TV production company I would think twice about advertising the fact that I had "a barn full of old/unwanted farming equipment or other curiosities"! Farms are very vulnerable to theft - barns are rarely secured and 'old equipment' is very often worth a fortune, if only for its scrap value at today's inflated prices. By all means contact the company directly, but DO NOT publicly advertise - you may find you also attract some very unwelcome attention.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.