Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Technical Information

Spam members and posts

(16 posts)

Tags:

1. Hi All,
    I see in the last few days we have had some spam members. I am sorry about this. I just wanted to let you know that as soon as I see them on the forum I will delete them and their posts.
    When registering members do have to calculate a sum inorder to join although this is not hard so maybe bot spammers can bypass this. I will look into upgrading the registration system to deter spammers.
    In the meantime please be careful when you see a clickable link in a post, if you are not sure what the link is and where it goes then please don't click on it. Thank you all for ignoring the spam posts and for letting me know that they are on the forum. It's great to know that we have created a supportive community here at farmingfriends.
    Thanks again everyone and sorry about the spammers!
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. quackers1984

i thought that i read a weird post the other day that didnt make sense!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Lorna

Hi Sara,
    I was wondering if the last person who posted on the lifespan of ducks was a spammer? the comment was not very nice I thought.

Regards
    Lorna.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. campbell ridge
    Administrator

I agree Lorna and think it ought to be removed so it doesn't upset anyone - as it seems to mean to.

Sarah L
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. quackers1984

oh yeah i thought that was mean...i was gonna say well we dont eat our ducks!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. very strange coment and hurtful to Ruth

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Mama

Agree with all the above.Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  8. Mama

Sara, We don't care as we will not click on them . Don't worry it has nothing to with you or us and hopefully they will get the message !!xx Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  9. quackers1984

theres another one about hormy adults or something!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. well done Sara removing not only the spammers but the offensive remark x

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  11. Hi Everyone,
    I am sorry again for the spam posts, it is certainly keeping me busy, thanks again for everyones vigilance.
    Just to let you know that I think it's the server that is being targetted as we have 4 forums that I know about on the same server - farmingfriends forum, topveg forum http://topveg.com/forums/ , vintagetractorengineer forum http://www.vintagetractorengineer.com/forums/ and birdtablenewsforum http://birdtablenews.com/forums/ and all have had the same style of spammer in the last 3 days. I will let andy know and he maybe able to sort it for us as it's not nice for members to have to look at this and avoid it.
    Hope you have all had a good weekend.
    kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. quackers1984

theyre baaaaack sara!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. I dont think people should be putting comments on their posts best left to Sara to just delete them then maybe they will give in

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  14. Mama

Yes, Ignore them , they are not worth the effort .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  15. pinkpoultry

Darn Spammer, I want to spam him! Send them some ham in a tin!! Hahaha.

Posted 8 years ago #
  16. Lorna

Well done Laura

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.