Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Geese

New home needed for handsome goose :(

(10 posts)

1. Kathryn

Hi,

I'm hoping to find a new home for a very handsome Embden goose called Bruce. He's 12 months old.

We hatched him and reared him until our mean neighbours took a massive dislike to him (not sure how!)and we managed to rehome him to a local school who have a small farm. This was great as we could still visit him. Unfortunately due to lack of space and the fact that Bruce has taken a dislike to their goats they're looking for a loving new home for him as they don't want to keep him in a pen any longer.

Can anyone help??? We'd love to have him back but with a baby due in 8 weeks (and the same neighbours!) it's just not possible.

We're in County Durham.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Mama

Oh Kathryn, I do hope they find a home for you lovely goose.How sad this must be for you , do hope someone can help you . Secondly , baby news is great. Best Wishes, Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Kathryn

If it helps, we are willing to help with Transport a bit we can drop off as far south as Scotch Corner, North as Morpeth, and West to Barnard Castle. He's such a fine lad, somebody must have a home for him...

Kathryn's husband, Jim

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Lorna

Hi Kathryn
    I hope you get a suitable permenant home for your goose.
    I remember there just looking up an old post and you had been looking to have him rehomed then as I thought I had answered your post then. I hope the right owner comes along. Pity about the neighgbours attitiude.
    Is there any wildlife sanctuaties(sp)? near you? maybe they could help.

Best Wishes
    Lorna

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. pinkpoultry

I shall contact my friend-I used to live in Gateshead, she works on Byker City Farm, I shall Facebook her this evening and ask for you, would you be able to drop him off there? It isnt too far away from you at all, it is a lovely farm!! Its open to the public so anyone can visit, so you can still go and see him!
    I cant seem to find a website for it...I shall ask her if there is one of those later too.
    Good luck in the meantime! x

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Kathryn

Yes, no problem we could drop him off there. I just want him to go somewhere were he'll be well looked after and loved!

Kathryn

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. pinkpoultry

Have you ever been to Byker farm? it is lovely, they have turkeys too!! I stroked one!! But they are lovely people who care and its not that big which I think is sometimes a good thing! They have alsorts of animals, you should go there for the day sometime! Its a lovely place, Im waiting for a reply from Sarah, I have my fingers crossed he can go and live there!! xx

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. Kathryn

No, I've never been but I think it's somewhere I'd like! I think it could be a good place for me and the baby to visit over the summer!

Thank you for asking for us. x

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. Kathryn

Just to let you know Bruce Goose moved to his new home today. He's gone to a smallholding in North Yorkshire, and now has a lady goose all of his own. Hopefully he'll be very happy there!

Kathryn

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. Mama

Hi Kathryn, Can't think of a better place for Bruce and sure he and you will be very happy. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.