Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Quail

Japanese Quail Eggs Hatching In Hovabator Incubator

(10 posts)

1. Hi All,
    Just thought that I would let you know that I have had 42 japanese quail eggs in the incubator and yesterday (Saturday) I could hear cheeping. Tonight the eggs pipped and at about 7.15pm one chick hatched by 7.45 there were about 16 and at 9.30 there are now 20 with more still pipping. It's just amazing how quickly they all hatch out. Apparently quail chicks will call to each other in the shells to synchronise their hatching. I have taken a video of the hatching and some photos and will post them soon.

I am delighted that the eggs are fertile. If you fancy having ago at incubating and hatching and if you live in the UK then I have quail eggs for hatching for sale. http://farmingfriends.com/japanese-quail-eggs-for-hatching-for-sale/

Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. sallie

Hi Sara,

Hope all hatched well. As I said in my e-mail I have ended up with 38 out of 62 so not too bad as I did reduce my cock birds to one!!! All are well nearly a week on and feathering up, I never get over how quickly the quail chicks come on compared to the pheasants. If anyone in the East Sussex area wants some quail I will happily pass some of the excess on. Such delightful birds to have around.

Best wishes

Sallie.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Hi Sallie,
    Really good to hear from you as always. 30 chicks hatched but one didn't make it as it's vent was all bloodied so I kept that one in the incubator alittle longer and put the other in the brooder. Unfortunately the poorly one didn't make it.
    One of the quail chicks died last night. I am not sure why, so now have 28. Some are dark brown, some are cream and others are fawn coloured.
    Thanks for sharing your photos.
    Here are my quail chicks.

Look forward to more updates.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. mrs p

Hi Sallie,i'm new and have registered to log on to speak to you!! I'm in East Sussex and am looking for some quail - could you either mail me or let me know how to get in touch with you.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Hi Mrs P,
    Welcome to the farmingfriends forum. I will email Sallie for you and then she can get in touch. Is it ok for me to pass on your email? Which I have when you registered?
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. sallie

Hi Mrs P.

yes do please get in touch with me on saracor181@aol.com and we will discuss Quail. I am sure I have 4 boys so far but more may pipe up shortly.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. faiz

hi,m new here!!I am an animal lover.i have 4 japanese quail,1 dark brown male and 3 white with black patches female and they lay eggs every day so,2 daz b4 i shifted my 2 quail eggs 2 pigeon nest bcoz pigeon has only 1 egg dats why. so, please tell me can a pigeon hatch quail egg and how many days it will take?PLEASE also tell me that how can i build incubator at home cheaply . sorry about poor english.THANKS

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. well a jap quail will take 17-18 days to hatch but not sure on pigeons.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. faiz

THANKS A LOT.

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. mrs p

oops sorry I've just picked this up and will mail asap!! Horses took up my weekend,along with visiting relations....I must be getting OLD!!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.