Farming Friends Forum » Recipes

Rhubarb!

(5 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by pinkpoultry
  • Latest reply from pinkpoultry

Tags:

1. pinkpoultry

Hello!!
    Who has a scrummy recipe for Rhubarb, I dont know how to make a good crumble topping, any ideas? and is the bottom just rhubarb with sugar?
    Also does anyone have any other groovy stock piling recipes as I would like to use it throughout the year and maybe gift some?
    Thanks guys!! :o)

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. dollydylo

Mmmmm.... love Rhubarb!
    I do a crumble topping with porridge oats - Delia smith recipe which is very simple. I would perhaps mix the rhubarb with a little sugar and fill out with some sliced apple too? In Ireland they do Rhubarb and strawberry (tinned or fresh) mixed together.
    Have a lovely Rhubarb and custard cake recipe too -it uses carton custard and is very simple to make and really moist and tasty. Look on the Good Food website in their recipe section for that one.
    No idea for gifts, although if you slice it you can freeze it uncooked for use another time.
    Let me know how you get on.. if you can't find the recipes I'll send them to you!!!
    Karen

Karen x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. pinkpoultry

Oh I love the Good Food website! I saw that recipe but I was unsure, but I shall try it on your word! I have a day off tomorrow and Im going to spend the entirity of it baking and stroking chickens, ducks and turkeys! haha. I may make some crumble filling and topping and pop in jars, then gift with a block of butter and hey presto! A crumble! hehe. Might work....I shall still hunt for a jam recipe, I have delia books 1 and 2 so i shall see if I can get quantities of the filling and topping as im not very good, lol.
    Thanks Karen!! :o)
    Laur xxxxxxx

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. dollydylo

Let me know how you get on... gave my rhubarb plants a beady look earlier so they know they will be attacked at the weekend!!!
    x

Karen x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. pinkpoultry

Mmmm well my crumbles were amazing. I kinda missed out the jam and just made a mountain of crumble! Haha, I made mini ones in silicone cupcake moulds, brought them into work to be scoffed. All I did was cut up the rhubarb, put it in a pan with some brown sugar, orange juice and a smidge of water and cooked. I tasted the juice and added more sugar, then the crumble I used oats, chopped walnuts, plain flour butter and brown sugar, squidged together until it looked like crumble as I didnt have a recipe, it worked! Yummy! :o) Thank you! x

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.