Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Incubating and Hatching Eggs

Goslings hatching

(8 posts)

Tags:

1. Wilhelmine

Hi Sarah, Mama in fact all of you. So far have got two goslings hatched from broody chickens.Couldnt leave them, mums werent that wonderful. First one hatched last night but this morning it was flat on its back in the nesting box and chilly. Half an hour or so in the incubator and a few drops of sugar water over the morning and its a lovely fluff ball chirping its head off. No 2 took forever so I gave it a gentle hand wrapped in a damp cloth. Out it popped, a few drops of sugar water and its now under the lamp with no 1. The two ducklings from incubator doing great and are alongside the goslings with a seperator in the shower! Maybe later they will go together. See what tomorrow brings with the rest.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Sounds wonderful. Look forward to tomorrow's news.
    Sarah

Sarah L
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Mama

Oh good news ,hope the rest hatch today .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. pinkpoultry

AND PICCIES!!!!!!!!!!!! :oD

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Wilhelmine

Hi Sarah and Mama. Candled eggs today. Three very dark no tapping so opened them, a bit stinky! One was clear, and the other two had goslings in but not alive. Feathers and all but no movement and a bit stinky. Sad but I do have 7 goslings in total up to now. Have some eggs in the incubator but they have a bit to go, but instead of waiting 29-31 days I will candle them. Will get Hubby to post pictures soon.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. campbell ridge
    Administrator

What a shame about the two not hatching. Hope the rest continue ok and at least are safely in the incubator and congratulations on the septuplets!
    S

Sarah L
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. quacking minx

congrats :)

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Mama

Aw sad for you Wilhelmine on the two losses but great about the ones that made it . Mine are also Embden and are beautiful geese .Do candle it helped me a lot and you know what you are doing . Look forward to pics and further news on the other eggs . Best wishes .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.