Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Gardening

Want to Enclose Veg Garden

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by admin
  • Latest reply from quacking minx

1. Hi All,
    I am thinking of making an enclosure for my veg garden so that the ducks don't eat the veg, any ideas?
    Mo has already given me the idea of using fruit cages.
    kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Steve made some frames from 2.4m battening for our duckling pen covered with galvanised netting and you can link them together with wire or in our case we hinged them. They are now in use around our veggie beds.

Sarah L
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. quacking minx

yes I was thinking of it also as I had a fight with my ducks over my pea/carrot/strawberry/watermelon patch hehe little tinkers

it is strange as Daffy has never ever been interested in our veg patch unless we are digging within it she never bothered eating anything other then worms slugs frogs woodlice and general grubs so we never knew that ducks actually ate them lol

this year totally diff the wild ones and my 4 white duckies and also lucky love fruit and veg and eat everything haha

I'm tempted to build a slight higher wall so they can't jump it (sort of sloping patch) I wanted to keep it looking as natural as poss but if need be I will use mesh as campbell says

I will try raising the beds first though (I will keep looking bk here for other ideas though hehe)

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.