(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by bayvistafarm
  • Latest reply from bayvistafarm

1. bayvistafarm

This is simpy to DIE for.

What You Need

1 red onion, thinly sliced

125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, cubed

1 can (10 fl oz/284 mL) 25%-less-sodium chicken broth. (I used dry chicken broth, and made up a can's worth).

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cupOscar Mayer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces (I used my own bacon fried and cut up)

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 lb. (900 g) Yukon gold potatoes (about 6), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (I used Russet potatoes. I think you can use whatever you want).

1 cup Kraft Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese

Make It

HEAT oven to 400°F.

COOK onions in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove onions from skillet.

ADD cream cheese, broth and milk to skillet; cook and stir on medium-low heat 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and syrup.

PLACE half the potatoes in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with layers of onions and shredded cheese. Top with remaining potatoes and cream cheese sauce; cover.

BAKE 1 hour 5 min. or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, uncovering after 50 min.

This came from the Kraft Canada website. Theres so many great recipes there. I made this last night, and its Oh, so good. We tap trees here, so I have tons of maple syrup!!

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Hi Shirley,
    Sounds delicious will try this soon and let you know how I get on. Thanks for sharing.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. MeDucks

Wow half a cup of maple syrup!
    I have maple syrup on my porridge every morning, and it comes in a small very expensive bottle containing less than half a cup, that lasts me 2 or 3 weeks.
    You couldn,t post me a few gallons could you? LOL
    Regards
    Barrie

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. bayvistafarm

lol.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.